Matt Miller is a high school Spanish teacher and the author of the highly acclaimed book Ditch That Textbook and founder of the website DitchThatTextbook.com.
Do you enjoy the podcast? Please consider supporting a podcast you love!
- Support for this episode came from:
- HelpHub.me – The Internet’s premiere online tutoring marketplace!
- Audible.com – Get Two Free Audiobooks. There are over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or other mp3 player.
- Domain.com – Grab the perfect domain name today!
- Get 10 days of free unlimited access to Lynda.com.
Links and Resources Mentioned
Matt Miller graduated from Indiana State University and has taught English and Spanish and served as the yearbook adviser.
DitchThatTextbook.com is Miller’s online home where he blogs about teaching with less reliance on the textbook with an emphasis on using technology and creative teaching ideas.
- Edscape Conference Reflection
Overcast – A powerful yet simple audio podcast player, with features such as Smart Speed, Voice Boost, and Smarter Playlists to help you listen to more podcasts in more places, try new shows, and completely control your experience.
- Download podcasts for playing anytime, even when offline.
- Search and browse for new podcasts, plus get recommendations from Twitter.
- Create custom Playlists with smart filters and per-podcast priorities, and rearrange the list whenever you want.
- Receive optional push notifications when new episodes arrive.
- Subscribe to a podcast, or just add an episode: try new shows without committing.
- Download podcasts over cellular, set a sleep timer, or use Voice Boost to enhance and normalize speech volume.
- Adjust playback speed, and use Smart Speed to pick up extra speed without distorting the conversation.
- Navigate with CarPlay. (On supported car radios.)
- Apple Watch app, Glance, and notifications
House of #EdTech VIP
Glenn Robbins – Lead Learner at the Northfield Community Middle School near Atlantic City, NJ.
Glenn is a husband & father along with being a doctoral student.
Glenn has been involved with organizing Edcamps and NJ/PA ECET2.
Robbins was also the recipient of a 2015 Bammy Educators’ Voice Award in the Middle School Principal of the Year category.
More recently he has been in the news and recognized as the creator of the EdCamp period at his middle school.
Connect with Glenn Robbins:
Ask your questions, share your feedback, and connect with me
Thanks for listening, reading, viewing, and sharing!