Within every teacher there is a version of ourselves that aspires to be the greatest, most effective, distinguished, or insert your rating of choice here teacher out there. Even the worst and most under performing educators of the world have it in them to turn a corner or even recapture their passion for their profession if they have lost their way.
I could rehash the idea of being connected and that getting on social media will magically transform your career but that’s not what I am going to do in this post.
I believe that before your can make those meaningful connections you need to look in the mirror and make an on-purpose decision to make changes for yourself in your life and career.
In order to change education this year and make 2015 meaningful you need to want to make change happen. If you do not I suggest you find something else to read.
How to Change Education This Year
- Live Life Intentionally. Don’t just focus on your career. Look at your whole life; family, friends, profession and increase your effort in all that you do. The more well-rounded you are outside of the classroom the better you can be in the classroom.
- Find Balance. When exploring and increasing activities be aware of what is important to you. Be honest with people about what is important to you. Sometimes it’s OK to be a little selfish.
- Learn by Failing. Failing is simply a First Attempt In Learning. We need to be OK with failing in order to learn and this is a skill we need to actually instill more in our your people.
- Learn by Reflecting. Make time for yourself to think about what you’re doing each day. For some people that time can be the morning and for others it can be before bed or in the shower. Regardless of the time, make time to thank about what you’ve done and what you want to do. A great app for reflecting is the Day One journal app available for MAC and iOS. If you want something that is cross platform consider using Evernote.
- Learn by Doing. You can’t accomplish anything if you’re not doing anything. So get up and get going already.
Thanks for reading, viewing, and sharing!