ENJOY THE PODCAST? SUPPORT MY SUPPORTERS!
Feedback, Shoutouts, and Links
- Krista Penrod – 8th grade English teacher, Milton, WI
- Spreaker Studio
- Record or live stream, integrate easily with Skype and manage your episodes and drafts.
- Plus upload files and migrate content over using the RSS Importer.
- Distribute your podcast to social networks, iTunes, YouTube, and more. You can also schedule episodes, embed widgets, and order your own Mobile App.
- Basic analytics help you measure your popularity through play numbers. Going Pro unlocks more details like sources, geolocation, and demographics.
- Chat with listeners while you broadcast live and read their comments on your episode’s page.
- The free plan includes 5 hours of time.
Making the Most of Limited Access to Technology
I’ve been passionate about using technology in my classrooms since I student taught. Even in the schools, I’ve worked in with limited access I made tech integration a priority for me and my students. I was the teacher who was reserving the labs when nobody else was, or in a middle school I worked at I had a great relationship with the technology department and got my students access to the wireless network on their own devices as a very basic BYOD initiative. Some of the students used phones, others had tablets, laptops or iPods. It was great!
You might have some technology in your classroom and regardless of your student’s age sharing what you’ve got might be the only way to get Ss using tech. Your classroom may have a few DT computers and you can design lessons and activities that can be broken into stages or stations that the Ss move through.
Use existing technology in more than one way. Use Microsoft Word or Google Docs as a basic website and blog builder. Use YouTube for learning reflections. Use iPads to podcast–or just ‘plain’ smartphones to record mp3s. That’s all a podcast is!
House of #EdTech VIP
Rich Czyz – Pre-K-6th-grade administrator from New Jersey. Co-founder and contributor to Four O’Clock Faculty.
Rich keeps is simple: Be nice. Work Hard. Think Big.
Connect with Rich Czyz:
- Twitter: @RACycz
- Website: fouroclockfaculty.com
ASK QUESTIONS, SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK AND CONNECT WITH ME
- Comment on the show notes below
- Call (732) 903-4869 to leave a voicemail
- Vox me: mrnesi
- Email email@example.com (audio files welcome)
PLEASE CONNECT WITH ME
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.