#NYEdTechWeek recap and review along with conversations with some edtech start-ups as well mine and many of your #OneWord2017 testimonials.
Do you enjoy the podcast? Please consider supporting a podcast you love!
- Support for this episode came from:
FEEDBACK, SHOUTOUTS, AND LINKS
- Thank you Jacob Dunn (@JacobDunn) the following 5-star iTunes Review
- Mr. Nesi is a phenomenal host! He challenges myself to introduce new concepts to my teaching. This is one of my top listens as an educator.
- Thank you Craig Peters (@craigpeters) for the following 5-star iTunes Review
- Mr. Nesi brings it together really well. This podcast is more than teachers talking to teachers. It’s more than technologists talking to technologists. It’s well organized, follows a great structure, packs a lot in, and is entertaining. Specifically, each episode has practical, teacher-focused interviews with great guests, recommendations for tools and services for teachers, an #EdTech VIP, discount codes, announcements, and show notes posted online. Years ago I taught middle school and now I run an innovation and design agency in California. At work, we decided to ramp up on everything going on in edtech so we can follow our hearts and start working with more education-related clients. This podcast was exactly what we needed. I listened to the first two years back to back. Now I’m plowing through the third year. Keep up the great work, Mr. Nesi!
- *NEW* House of #EdTech Facebook Group – join today! Get the link by listening to the episode 🙂
- EdChange Global is coming February 28, 2017!
#OneWord2017 is simple: lose the long list of changes you want to make this year and instead pick ONE WORD. This process provides clarity by taking all your big plans for life change and narrowing them down into a single focus. Just one word that centers on your character and creates a vision for your future. So, I invited my PLN and shared audio from the following people who picked one word for the next twelve months to guide them.
- AJ Bianco – DRIVEN
- Chuck Poole – RELENTLESS
- Dan Whalen – LESS
- Ellen Deem – LIGHT
- Jillian Judsen – COLLABORATION
- Megan Morgan – MATTER
- Noah Geisel – AND
- Rachel Murat – MINDSET
- Stacey Lindes – BALANCE
- Tracy Brady – EMPATHY
My #OneWord is PUSHER. I want to further develop my ability to encourage others to be comfortable leaving their comfort zones. Whether it’s using technology or a new teaching strategy or something personal I enjoy encouraging others the do new things.
PixiClip – What is it? Pixiclip is an online canvas that lets you communicate using a webcam or a mic. Just click record and you’re ready to go. Pixiclip is your message in motion! You can upload images, draw sketches, and share replays with friends!
I had the privilege of speaking with the following people at NYEdTechWeek:
- Ash Kaluarachchi (@ashanthaik) – Co-Producer, NYEdTechWeek
- Jonathan Harber – Co-Producer, NYEdTechWeek
- Dr. Adam Fried (@AdamDFried) – Superintendent of Harrington Park (NJ) Public Schools
- Kristo Lehtonen (@kristolehtonen), Founder and CEO of 3D Bear
- Adam Newman and Paolo Alejandro Catilo, Co-Founders of AUGTHAT
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- StartED Accelerator
- Class Wallet
- Learn Trials
- Bergen County (NJ) ASA
HOUSE OF #EDTECH VIP
Google Teacher Tribe Podcast – A new weekly podcast designed to give teachers practical ideas for using G Suite and other Google tools.
3 reasons to listen
- Matt Miller – DitchThatTextbook (Episode 47)
- Kasey Bell – ShakeUpLearning (Episode 21)
- I’m producing the show!
As of this recording you can go to googleteachertribe.com to get on the show’s mailing list and be the first to know when the show goes live – End of January. Then you will receive the show notes for each episode, just like you do here!
Connect with Google Teacher Tribe Podcast:
ASK QUESTIONS, SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK AND CONNECT WITH ME
- Comment on the show notes below
- Call (732) 903-4869 to leave a voicemail
- Vox me: mrnesi
- Email email@example.com (audio files welcome)
PLEASE CONNECT WITH ME
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.