ENJOY THE PODCAST? SUPPORT MY SUPPORTERS!
Feedback, Shoutouts, and Links
- Derek Larson from EdTechBabble.net shared feedback on episode 100
- 12 Days of PodcastPD 2017
- Kate Nesi’s Lifelong Learning Podcast
New Year, New Nesi?
- Am I relevant? YES! Listen as I sort out my thoughts and work through some of what I’ve been feeling lately about my place in education.
- This podcast has afforded me the opportunity to be a co-host of PodcastPD and the producer of the Google Teacher Tribe, #AssistLearning and the Dads on Deck podcasts. I love podcasting so much. I love sitting here and creating content and helping others create content as well.
- Certify’em makes it possible to not only give students their grades right away, it also issues them a certificate for passing the quiz.
- To use Certify’em properly you should install it and enable it before creating your quiz in Google Forms. When you enable Certify’em on a Form it will populate a couple of required fields in your Form and ask you to specify a minimum passing score. Complete those fields then write your quiz and set an answer key just as you would for any other quiz that you build in Google Forms. When students complete the quiz they will automatically receive PDF certificate in their email inboxes if they have passed the quiz.
- Certify’em was developed by the same person who developed the extremely popular Flubaroo Add-on for Google Sheets.
Thank you to to the following people who submitted the following words for 2018:
- Amy Storer (@techamys) from Montgomery, TX, where she is an Instructional Coach and Technology Integration Mentor, has chosen YES. “This word is all about saying yes to risks and growing as an educator. It is also a thank you to all of the wonderful people in my life that have said yes to me to get me to where I am today and where I will go tomorrow.”
- Karla Hagemeister (@khagruns) from Kansas, where she is a School Board member and parent, chose the word INTENTIONAL. “As a working parent and new school board member, I realize that there will be a lot coming at me. Our district needs to pass a bond to build a new elementary school…Kansas public education funding is the subject of a lawsuit based on adequacy and equity issues…more kids and families are facing issues of poverty, mental health issues, and more. In this year, I must be intentional in all parts of life. Are my decisions and actions based on intentional processes? I think I will be constantly measuring my decisions using that word. Am I doing what I intended to do? Are my/our actions having the intended results?”
- Carlos Garza (@eduGOOGdroid) who is a teacher at Juarez-Lincoln High School and serves as a Campus Technologist chose an awesome word… PODCAST! “I’m determined to have my first episode air by the end of January.”
My one word for 2018 is FLOW. For more insght into how I arrived at this word listen to this episode as well as PodcastPD episode 21.
House of #EdTech VIP
CHRISTOPHER HARRIS – Currently serves as Director of Technology @ Pennsauken Public Schools as well as the Principal of Burling School.
Chris is awesome because he truly embodies leading by example and he works tirelessly to promote good professional development with the teachers he leads and works with. You will find him at many education events in NJ throughout the year so odds are if you attend ed events in NJ, NY and PA you can actually connect with Chris Harris.
Connect with Chris Harris:
ASK QUESTIONS, SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK AND CONNECT WITH ME
- Comment on the show notes below
- Call (732) 903-4869 to leave a voicemail
- Vox me: mrnesi
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (audio files welcome)
PLEASE CONNECT WITH ME
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.